|From the Office|
|Year 10 DofE Opportunities - Deadline Monday 9 December
Tempest Rugby Photographs - Deadline 15 December
- For Year 10 boys who have completed their Bronze award, or are reaching completion, there is the opportunity to begin the Silver award with expeditions in April and May (letter).
- For those who were unable to attend our summer Bronze programme, we have the opportunity for students to participate in April & May. This opportunity, however, will only run if we have sufficient interest as there are minimum numbers required (letter).
Parents are still able to place photo orders online at www.tempest-orders.co.uk, entering your image reference number and website access code (found on your original order form), or if you prefer, to collect a booking form with a proof of the photo from reception and order through the front office. The following photos are available at reception:U12A, U12B, U13A, U13B, U14A, U15A and U15B.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR WINTER COAT COLLECTION
This winter we are supporting our local charity again by collecting clothes for the homeless in our community. Any winter coats, hats, scarves, gloves and outerwear welcome. All items should be brought to the School office.
Christmas Hamper Donations - Thursday 12 December
We will be holding our usual collection of non-perishable items that we use to make up Christmas Hampers for the Salvation Army to distribute to local elderly and needy families, as well as donating additional food items to Maidenhead Foodshare. We are accepting donations until Thursday 12 December and information will be coming home via your son.
Christmas Jumper Day and Christmas Lunch - Friday 13 December
Please enjoy your Christmas Lunch wearing your Christmas Jumper to raise money for ‘Save the Children’ - £1 donation in support of this worthwhile charity.
Carol Service - Tuesday 17 December
Parents are invited to attend our Senior Carol Services at St Luke’s Church, Norfolk Road, Maidenhead SL6 7AX, at 9.30am for Years 7, 8 and 9, and 11.50am for Years 10 and 11.
End of Term Arrangements
Artists of the Week
- There will be no activities or study on Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 December, with early buses in operation on both days.
- The last day of term is Wednesday 18 December and school finishes at 12.30, with buses departing then. Boys will be bringing their End of Term Grade Cards home on Wednesday.
- First day of the new Lent Term 2020 is Wednesday 8 January.
Year 7 - Auryn Payne, Luke Robinson, Hugo Winter, Hayden Sellers and Humphrey Brown
Year 8 - Freddie Duff, Tom Webster, Walter Chaplin and Joseph Britain
Mathematicians of the Week
Rafe Spearing (Year 9), Matthew Creaser (Year 10) and Matthew Telling (Year 11) for academic excellence this term.
MFL Linguists of the Week (Spanish)
Freddie Duff (8B) and Jamie Smith (8A) for their commitment and performance in lessons.
Scientist of the Week
Scientist of the week goes to Oliver Ledgar (Year 9) for his fabulous leaflet on Stem cells.