| ||Senior Boys Bulletin |
|Mr Wilding's Words Autumn 11|
|It is GCSE Mocks week here at Senior Boys, a time when Year 11 are able to tell whether all the work, advice and skills development put in over the last 18 months has paid dividends.
|From the Office|
|Year 10 DofE Opportunities
- For Year 10 boys who have completed their Bronze award, or are reaching completion, there is the opportunity to begin the Silver award with expeditions in April and May (letter).
- For those who were unable to attend our summer Bronze programme, we have the opportunity for students to participate in April & May. This opportunity, however, will only run if we have sufficient interest as there are minimum numbers required (letter).
Please note the following lost property is currently at Reception: 1 x headphones Jaba, 1 x reading specs (brown) and 1 x silver Armani watch. Please speak to Mrs Tarr for further details if required on 01628 327600.
Final order for Rugby photos will be 15 December for the following teams: U12A, U12B, U13A, U13B, U14A, U15A and U15B. Order forms (with proof photo) are at reception.
Christmas Hamper Donations - Thursday 12 December
We will be holding our usual collection of non-perishable items that we use to make up Christmas Hampers for the Salvation Army to distribute to local elderly and needy families, as well as donating additional food items to Maidenhead Foodshare. We are accepting donations until Thursday 12 December and information will be coming home via your son.
Christmas Lunch Form - Friday 13 December
Deadline is close of business today, Friday 29 November, to tell us if your child either has dietary needs to consider, or will be bringing in a packed lunch instead. Please complete this online form.
Christmas Jumper Day - Friday 13 December
Please wear your Christmas Jumper for ‘Save the Children’ - £1 donation in support of this worthwhile charity.
Senior Rugby Dinner - Friday 13 December
The deadline is today for booking tickets (see poster for further details, booking form and payment information).
Carol Service - Tuesday 17 December
Parents are invited to attend our Senior Carol Services at St Luke’s Church, Norfolk Road, Maidenhead SL6 7AX at 9.30am for Years 7, 8 and 9, and 11.50am for Years 10 and 11.
End of Term Arrangements
- There will be no activities or study on Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 December, with early buses in operation on both days.
- The last day of term is Wednesday 18 December and school finishes at 12.30, with buses departing then. Boys will be bringing their End of Term Grade Cards home on Wednesday.
- First day of the new Lent Term 2020 is Wednesday 8 January.
Mathematicians of the Week
Jake Hyslop (Year 7) for being very helpful to other members of the class and Louis Griffiths (Year 10) for settling into set 1 very well.
MFL Linguists of the Week (German)
Cole Dodd (8B) and Max Setchell (8D) for their excellent Common Task.
Scientist of the Week
Scientist of the week goes to Mohammed Alofi (Year 9) for his continued hard work and excellent understanding of forces and motion and Giovanni Berto (Year 10) for his excellent microscope skills.
| Ray Mill Road East, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8TE |
Tel: 01628 327600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all our School privacy notices can be found here. Please ensure you keep you and your child's information up to date. You can login to the report portal to change any details or alternatively, please contact your school office.
| || |