Heathrow Jobs and Careers Fair - Monday 29 & Tuesday 30 January 2018
The annual Heathrow Jobs and Careers Fair will take place on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 January 2018, enabling airport based employers to meet nearly 6,000 students. The Fair will take place at the Sofitel Hotel, Heathrow Terminal 5. Over 75,580 people work at Heathrow across 413 different companies, and many diverse career opportunities are showcased at the event by exhibitors from the airport.
Monday 29 January
5:00pm-7:00pm for young people aged 16-24, parents and carers.
Tuesday 30 January
3.30pm-7.00pm for young people aged 16 - 24, parents and carers.
More information is available at http://www.heathrowjobsandcareersfair.co.uk/
Opening up the World of Investment Management
Gina Griesel, Head of Programme from Investment 2020, came to speak to the Sixth Form this week. She spoke about all the different sectors available in the financial services sector, from Investments, Banking, Accounting and Insurance to Financial Planning. There is a great breadth of jobs available and only 20% of jobs are based around the actual Investment Management – the remaining 80% are in Finance, Accounting, HR, PR, Marketing and Media.
There are many different ways to get into this sector. There are School leaver schemes, Apprenticeships, Internships and Graduate Training schemes available, and 75% of trainees go on to be offered a permanent position. On Tuesday 13 February, there will be an Open Day for students to attend, to speak to people in the industry and do some networking. Further details will follow, in the meantime, do follow Gina on Linkedin. For more information, visit https://investment2020.org.uk/
2018 ISA Sixth Form Essay Prize
Entries are now open for the 2018 ISA Sixth Form Essay Prize. An original piece of writing (1,000 words strict maximum limit) is required on any topic and in any genre. Submissions will be judged in the following categories:
1 English and Linguistics
2 Science, IT and Technology
3 Arts and Humanities subjects, including Languages
Candidates will turn/have turned 17, 18 or 19 years old in the 2017-18 academic year. Submissions can be pieces of work that have already been completed in the course of sixth form studies, must be within the 1,000 strict word limit and be completed under supervision at school. Deadline for entries is Friday 16 March 2018. Please see the office for details.